• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite 9mm 147 1000fps load

Here is a link to an IPSC web site:

http://www.k8nd.com/ipscload.htm

None of the loads are 9mm, but the data, particularly the 38 Super and 9x21, data can be helpful in choosing a powder for hot loads.

I think most powders in the medium to slower burn rates will push a 147 at a 1000fps. Some of the faster powders will also, but you never know when you have gone too far, until after you go too far.

In addition to the VV powders:
Long Shot, TrueBlue, and Power Pistol will likely have published data for your application.

HS-6, AA#5, AutoComp, Unique, and Universal Clays will all likely do what you want, but the load will be off charts in the current books.

I got 1,000 FPS using lead cast 147 grain bullets and 4.0 grains Unique powder, hot and kicked but crono'd 8 shots avg. was an even 1,000 fps.

I went to 147 a few years ago and have cast for it. I load Red Dot (cause I have a lot) Unique and WSF in adequate loads. I'm consumed with the idea of a AR 9. I'd like to mimic 147 carry ammo @1000fps.
I have some LongShot that im going to chrono.
I'll also try a stout Unique load as well.

I went to 147 a few years ago and have cast for it. I load Red Dot (cause I have a lot) Unique and WSF in adequate loads. I'm consumed with the idea of a AR 9. I'd like to mimic 147 carry ammo @1000fps.
I have some LongShot that im going to chrono.
I'll also try a stout Unique load as well.
I use the ones I loaded at 1000 fps in my TNW AR9 carbine and they are good up to 100 yards, can hit 8" plates at 100 yds. using an Bushnell Holo sight, (the precursor to the Eotech's, same reticle just longer, I've had 4 for 9 years and all run like new)
20160916_083946_resized.jpg

I use a lot of Accurate Arms #5 and #7 for 9mm.

The faster powders like #2 are economical but suppressed with 147 grain pills beat brass up pretty bad, so I refrain from those loads.

Here is standard loads that for cast will get you close enough at 990 FPS. I really don't think it matters much if it's HP, jacketed or plated from a training perspective but it may if you are using a polygonal rifled bore (Glock).

upload_2017-5-25_18-59-21.png

The plus + loads will get you there and a tic more. Here are both #5 (faster burn) and #7 (slower burner).

upload_2017-5-25_19-1-54.png

Using a chronograph you can duplicate velocity.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WesternLoadGuide1-2016_Web-1.pdf

I really like N320. I have discovered that a max charge definitely helps with accuracy for 124gr JHP bullets, at least in my G17. Was shooting 4.0 for plinking. Got my dads new Labradar chronograph out last weekend and realized that the standard deviation/extreme spread was outrageous until I got to 4.2. Then it was smooth sailing.

IMG_1633.JPG

Back
Top Bottom