• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally put meat in the Freezer!

It's been a crappy season in Taliaferro/Warren/Greene Co. for me too, but I finally picked up this guy last Friday (he'd been avoiding me all season).

30 yds, quartering towards me, Savage 11 in .308 with a weaver 2-10x, Hornady American Whitetail ammo. The round entered front left between the shoulder and the neck he took 4 steps then dropped like a stone, no exit wound. About 160-165lbs.

Strange thing, he was with a doe. I believe this el nino winter has delayed the start of the rut.View attachment 635914
Nice buck ! Love the dark antlers ..

Congrats to all y'all fellas on scoring some venison :)

It's been a crappy season in Taliaferro/Warren/Greene Co. for me too, but I finally picked up this guy last Friday (he'd been avoiding me all season).

30 yds, quartering towards me, Savage 11 in .308 with a weaver 2-10x, Hornady American Whitetail ammo. The round entered front left between the shoulder and the neck he took 4 steps then dropped like a stone, no exit wound. About 160-165lbs.

Strange thing, he was with a doe. I believe this el nino winter has delayed the start of the rut.View attachment 635914

Very nice buck! Definitely worth waiting on in my book. I agree, the weather has spun everything around as far as deer are concerned.

Better late Than never.

Lots of pattern changes lately.

Kicked up three does bedded down in my yard this morning and had an invisible
Buck grunting at me the other day.....he was in total stealth mode.

It's been a crappy season in Taliaferro/Warren/Greene Co. for me too, but I finally picked up this guy last Friday (he'd been avoiding me

Hornady American Whitetail is good affordable ammo. Now they need to load 300BLK. I have other guns that are now pining for a chance to lay one down.

Back
Top Bottom