First Refinish on NEF R22 Revolver

ehoward308

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
46   0
Reaction score
So this is my first gun restoration and I chose to start with a fairly cheap gun and work my way up. My overall goal is to be become a professional gunsmith at least for side work purposes. This little 22 mag was in pretty rough shape when I acquired it. The cylinder and hammer were completely locked up and the finish on the grips and the bluing of the gun had seen much better days. I took her down all the way and was met with more gunk and surface rust than I could have expected.(Come to find out that this was the gun kept on the previous owner's boat.) So, I cleaned every part, stripped the bluing, and polished everything up for re-bluing. I got it blued and everything put back together and must say that I think it looks excellent. It also fires just as good as it looks. So this was definitely an excellent learning experience and I enjoyed every minute. Im hooked. Let me know what you think.

NEF 3.jpgNEF 1.jpgNEF 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry... Can we see them now fellas? And unfortunately for whatever reason thats as big as I could get them because the thread didnt like my large size.

good as the phone pics could get on this one for some reason... and just polished the handles up. Pics dont do them justice. They actually look 110% better.

Back
Top Bottom