• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Floyd Mayweather looses his WBO belt

I could be wrong here, but I believe Mayweather said after the fight that he only wanted one more fight, and that he would be giving up his titles. I don't believe he ever had any intentions of defending the belt. According to him, he will fight one more fight and retire. Of course, that is what most fighters say until they get low on funds. The next Manny VS Mayweather fight, if it happens, was never going to be about belts.

Did mayweather go to the evander holyfield school of wealth management?
Actually he's got good money people management people around him. He does gamble but he's really good at it for some reason. He's smart enough to make $250 million in one night, no one else in sports history have ever done that! He buys expensive one of a kind cars and sells them when their value rises, seems smart to me. Probably has to pay someone to read contract lol but we all have our downfalls :cool:

I know it's not smart to have all your money in one bank but I watched a documentary about him where he goes and buys lots of clothes and showes producer film guy a bank statement and it had north of $100 million in cash just sitting there. Seems like he's doing something correct, been in the sport half his life.

I could be wrong here, but I believe Mayweather said after the fight that he only wanted one more fight, and that he would be giving up his titles. I don't believe he ever had any intentions of defending the belt. According to him, he will fight one more fight and retire. Of course, that is what most fighters say until they get low on funds. The next Manny VS Mayweather fight, if it happens, was never going to be about belts.

Wise words, coming from one so Young!

Reactions: JWC
"It is against sanctioning organization rules for boxers to hold world titles in multiple weight classes. The WBC and WBA had been breaking their own rules by allowing Mayweather to hold their titles, but the WBO upheld its rules."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13211446/floyd-mayweather-jr-stripped-wbo-welterweight-title

He had no intention of ever claiming the belt and wasting $200k. For one he already said he is going to forfeit his titles and give someone else a chance at them (He is in boxing for the money not the belts) and two he would have had to give up his other WBO belt before he was ready if he wanted this one. This is really a non story and click bait by these "sports" sites.

I saw on espn that he was considering allowing his final fight in September to be broadcast free on cbs!

Sounds as if smarter than get credit,made 250 million saved 200,000 not to have get your brains knocked out,to loose something you had to buy.

Back
Top Bottom