• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Foregrip on Sig Sauer 522 "Pistol"

acejoe100

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
35   0
Reaction score
So, I have recently discovered that it is illegal to ad a foregrip to such guns as a Sig Sauer 522 pistol without purchasing the proper stamp to declare the gun an AOW (All Other Weapons). I was a little thrown off by this because even though the gun is called a pistol by the manufacturer, it is intended to be held and fired like a rifle. This is a bit confusing to me, and has left me wondering. I google searched it and found a direct answer to the question on Sig's site.

Here is how they answered it-

522 grip.jpg

I am sure that this is something that many other people have been confused about or 100% unaware that it is even an issue. This is just one of the millions of issues that seem to fall into the "gray" areas of laws. Not to mention, that if it truly is a pistol (Def.- … a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).) then I have been holding it incorrectly. :confused2:

All in all, I think that this is at the very least an interesting topic for debate. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sometimes it can be confusing but having a Vertical Foregrip is def not something you want to have on a pistol. But a great option for a pistol like yours would be a Magpul AFG. I had one on my Draco.

Back
Top Bottom