• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Free shipping on Classic shotgun ammo for C&R loads

Thanks for posting.

Great deal for those that want to shoot their Great Grandpappys old Damascus bird gun without blowing it or themselves up.
Provided it's in reasonable condition of course.

With so many of em in disrepair without having been properly inspected and damage from black powder and corrosive primers that were in use when many older guns were manufactured I would fully expect a disclaimer.

I would not try it because of all the contrary info and though ugly I kind of like my face and hands but...
I know a very old gunsmith that swears that Damascus barrels if they are in good repair are safe to shoot with low brass bird shot.
He swears that when modern powders and newer "proof tested" modern steel barrels came about that there was a bunch of "proof loads" used by major manufacturers to blow up some older guns particularly foreign made shotguns in order to convince everyone that their shotguns were obsolete and they needed new ones, and that there was a major campaign by the big American manufacturers against companies still making shotguns the "old way" in order to maximize sales.

Back
Top Bottom