• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS/FT Original Japanese Arisaka Short Naval Special Carbine Very Rare in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeabarno

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT Original Japanese Arisaka Short Naval Special Carbine Very Rare in...

Zip Code: 30043

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 2300.00
Trade Value or Items Looking For: I will consider trading for a Colt 1911, gold or silver coins and bullion.

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description:

Japanese Arisaka Short Naval Special Carbine Very Rare​

This is a very rare type 99 Japanese Arisaka Naval Special rifle. I do not think this is a last ditch from my research. This gun has a steel receiver, screw on butt plate and intricate filing on the end of the bolt. The bolt does not lock into the barrel like most last ditch rifles, it locks into the receiver like most all Arisaka's. This is such a low serial number that it could have been a prototype, I'm not sure. The gun does not have a cleaning rod nor does it have the common push button to release the cleaning rod. I'm asking $2500 OBO, but I am also willing to trade for silver or gold coins. If there are any experts out there that can identify this gun please text or call me @770-295-8444.

I'm new to Outdoor Trader, I've been selling knives, coins and collectables on Ebay & Etsy with 100% positive feedback. I will not ship this item. I accept Pay Pal, Venmo and cash upon pick up. You can reach me at 770-295-8444 if you have any questions.

Pictures:
20210927_164239.jpg
20210927_164252.jpg
20210927_164254.jpg
20210927_164313.jpg
20210927_164407.jpg
20210927_164414.jpg
20210927_164421.jpg
20210927_164441.jpg
20210927_164450.jpg
20210927_164512.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Strange that your kanu symbols dont atleast have the special type 99 characters on the receiver as seen in the pic below. One can not miss the 99 in it at any distance.

The serial number appears to the right of ㋣, which I think you can see in your pics. This circled katakana character ト – which is the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) inspection marking. The assembly number is stamped on the stepped forward portion of the receiver to the left of ㋣.

There is debate on how many of these were manufactured. There is a gap in the serial numbers between approximately 5,000 and 10,000 so it is speculated that there are anywhere between 10,000 and 17,000 total of these special type 99s made. It looks like this one may have a non matching barrel because the receiver number is not the same as the barrel number. Does the bolt match anything? Also are there any kanu characters underneath on the bottom of the stock?

The receiver on these are cast metal and that accounts for the wider than normal forward portion of the receiver. The bolt is steel however the bolt handles themselves are cast. Strange manufacturing. Good thing this bolt handle is not turned down. Rifle looks to retain its black paint as well.

The Anchor stamp and the fact that there is only one kana character gives me some heartburn simply because something does not look correct about it however one simply never knows 100% for sure. I hope this helps you.

GLWS brother

Attachments

• B16EFFAA-A2F3-472F-A346-4791E4D7126F.png
    B16EFFAA-A2F3-472F-A346-4791E4D7126F.png
    493.8 KB · Views: 2
Strange that your kanu symbols dont atleast have the special type 99 characters on the receiver as seen in the pic below. One can not miss the 99 in it at any distance.

The serial number appears to the right of ㋣, which I think you can see in your pics. This circled katakana character ト – which is the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) inspection marking. The assembly number is stamped on the stepped forward portion of the receiver to the left of ㋣.

There is debate on how many of these were manufactured. There is a gap in the serial numbers between approximately 5,000 and 10,000 so it is speculated that there are anywhere between 10,000 and 17,000 total of these special type 99s made. It looks like this one may have a non matching barrel because the receiver number is not the same as the barrel number. Does the bolt match anything? Also are there any kanu characters underneath on the bottom of the stock?

The receiver on these are cast metal and that accounts for the wider than normal forward portion of the receiver. The bolt is steel however the bolt handles themselves are cast. Strange manufacturing. Good thing this bolt handle is not turned down. Rifle looks to retain its black paint as well.

The Anchor stamp and the fact that there is only one kana character gives me some heartburn simply because something does not look correct about it however one simply never knows 100% for sure. I hope this helps you.

GLWS brother
Thanks for all the info, but now I'm more confused. I've been researching this gun for about 6 years and cannot really get anywhere with it. I think I've read everything I could find online and my description of the gun is the best I could come up with. If you have any suggestions for me I would love to discuss them with you. You can reach me at 770-295-8444, maybe with two brains working on this we could figure out exactly what I have, thanks, Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom