• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS/FT Vintage Patchwork Quilts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainscratchy

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
11   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Vintage Patchwork Quilts

Zip Code: 30024

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 900
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Transom canoe, aluminum boat, SKS, tiny concealable?

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This post is mainly for the Ladies, if interested. I have 4 handmade, vintage patchwork quilts that are taking up valuable space. They've been stored in a 1910's era cedar chest by my recently departed mother. 3 were made by my grandmother over 70 years ago. 1 is from the 1850-70's. I have no clue what to do with these,no idea what they are worth, and no reason to keep them. I priced these according to the tiny research I've done, so this price is obviously VERY negotiable. One appears used, the rest appear new. If you're interested, I can send photos. Trade or buy, but they need to go. The Cedar chest they are stored in is part of an entire bedroom suite (with a highboy dresser and vanity) that I'll post at a later date. No refinish. Flawless condition. 1880-1912. Thanx! Jim

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Jim, You're about to get more info than you want, maybe. First, you really need to post some pictures. If they are "Suzies" or "Baltimore" or other type patterns they will bring a few dollars. The real value in antique quilts is knowing the who, what, when and where of the quilt. A well used Suzie made by so and so for her daughter during x period of time will bring more than a Suzie that you 'just have'. Look for labels or handwriting on the quilt, usually in a corner, describing the purpose of the quilt. All this said, East Cobb Quilters Guild will likely be able to help by having them appraise the quilts. PM some pics and I'll be glad to have some Lilburn quilters look at what you have.

Jim, You're about to get more info than you want, maybe. First, you really need to post some pictures. If they are "Suzies" or "Baltimore" or other type patterns they will bring a few dollars. The real value in antique quilts is knowing the who, what, when and where of the quilt. A well used Suzie made by so and so for her daughter during x period of time will bring more than a Suzie that you 'just have'. Look for labels or handwriting on the quilt, usually in a corner, describing the purpose of the quilt. All this said, East Cobb Quilters Guild will likely be able to help by having them appraise the quilts. PM some pics and I'll be glad to have some Lilburn quilters look at what you have.

Howdy! Wow! I'm very flattered and gracious for the information you've given me, and I greatly appreciate the time you've taken to respond. This is excellent information. It's not every day an old man learns something new. These terms you describe are certainly Greek to me, but I'll take to time to do a little research and I'll also post some photos within a few days with a littler better description. Once the photos are posted, any help from the contacts you've mentioned will certainly help! Apparently there's a world out there I'm not aware of. Thanks again!!!

It is a world unto itself. Padukah, KY is the location of the National Quilters Museum, so you can surmise this is a big business! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom