Item Relisted! FS Reduced - L1A1 Type .308 Win Battle Rifle

kahrshooter

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
NOTE: I have very much updated my original post, based on info from some very knowledgeable members of FALFILES -

L1A1, known as the "Inch" pattern FN-FAL !!

.308 or 7.62x51.

It was imported in the late 1980's by CAI in Vermont, as a Sporter, with a Thumbhole Stock.

Sort of a FrankenFAL ..... but it looks good.

It has, based on markings. a UK Lower, made by BSA (Birmingham Small Arms), Serial Number coded as made in 1958, as serial starts with UB58.

Also, the Bolt as well as the Bolt Carrier are marked "UB" , so they were made by BSA, as well........they are non matching.

Both the Bolt and Carrier, based on markings, are BSA Made, and were produced in 1960. Carrier has the Sand Cuts.

Upper Receiver ........ I don't know for absolute certain who made it ..... even though I have had THREE knowlegeable Members at FALFILES state its all but 100% certain it is the desirable Argentinian, however it ticks all the boxes on visual cues and CAI was known to have used these in the very early Sporter Imports.

It is set up for, and uses Metric mags. The magwell cut is for Metric Mags, with the catch being the rounded corner triangle.

This one had the Flash Hider removed for Import purposes, and barrel cut, just behind the threads, as remaining barrel is 20 plus inches long, which I believe was done by the Importer. Barrel has been re-crowned.

Barrel is marked with a code that indicates it was made in the UK. The barrel has a slightly larger outside diameter from the muzzle and for about three inches towards the Receiver.

Bore is bright and visually is VG to EXC

Thumbhole stock was replaced before I bought it with the appropriate Buttstock and Pistol Grip, by a Gunsmith, post Importation. Both are the Black Plastic.

Carry Handle (Black Plastic) , and Non-Reciprocating Charging Handle, also set up just as the L1A1 had.

As this was at least in part a Surplus Rifle, I would rate the overall finish as around 90%

Gun was fired 11/18/2022 (10 rounds of Winchester .308, from a magazine) to verify it's operating properly. Function was flawless.

I have owned it since about late Summer 1989, IIRC, and have only put 80 rounds thru it (Safe Queen) and the former owner stated he shot it only 100 rounds. He only owned it a few months.

Will come with Four Metric style 20 Round mags, and I have 16 more Twenty Round Metric mags that the gun purchaser will have first option on, for an added $300, if all are taken. All mags are cosmetically in Good to Very Good condition, a few I would rate as Excellent. Two of them are Thermolds.

Some of them are still in wrapper, so they are untried.

Also included is a Piccatinny Scope Mount, designed specifically for the gun, IIRC, from DSA .... as well as a nice Sling.

The Rifle, with 4 Mags (buyers choice of what I have), Sling and the Scope Mount I will sell for $1500.00, OBRO.

If deal is done FTF, payment is to be in cash . If shipped, USPS Money Order ...or Personal Check ....Shipping after all funds have cleared.

No Trades, thanks.

I will meet within 25 miles of Downtown Douglasville, and will go further, up to 60 miles, if we can work out the costs of the extra travel (gas and time).

I WILL SHIP, at my true cost via USPS or a common carrier, plus 8 bucks for packing/shipping supplies, whichever shipper is the lowest to your FFL if you are not in GA, or directly to you if you are a State of Georgia Resident. Insurance if shipped is at cost of Buyer, and gun ships FOB Douglasville, GA

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_140743.jpg
    IMG_20221129_140743.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 1,553
Back
Top Bottom