• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS S&W 329PD Alaska Backpacker 44mag Talo Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldeworldcycles

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS S&W 329PD Alaska Backpacker 44mag Talo Special Edition

Zip Code: 31204

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 975.00

Caliber: .44

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Item Description: NIB, Talo Special Edition. No longer made.Scandium frame, ss cylinder. .44 magnum. NIB,
Model: 329PD Alaska Backpacker
Caliber: .44 Magnum®
44 S&W Special
Capacity: 6 Rounds
Action: Single/Double Action
Barrel Length: 2.5" / 6.4 cm
Front Sight: Patridge Gold Bead
Rear Sight: Adjustable Black V-Notch Blade
Overall Length: 7 3/4"
Weight Empty: 29.7 oz.
Grip: Synthetic
Frame Material: Scandium Alloy
Cylinder Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Two-Tone
Other Features: Laser Engraved Grizzly Bear on Sideplate
Box and all paperwork included

Pictures:
dscn2249-jpg.1409069

dscn2250-jpg.1409070

dscn2251-jpg.1409071

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
You know people always talk about how you have to have the longer barrel for defense against wildlife with these .44 magnums. I did my own testing with the same exact .44 magnum ammo and the difference in my 629 with 2.5" barrel and my 629 with the 8-3/8" barrel was only a 40 fps difference. That's not near enough to make or break anything when at least for me the smaller 2.5" is easier to carry, handle and shoot. This 329 you have to me would be the ideal backpacking gun. If I had the funds I would buy it in a second.

You know people always talk about how you have to have the longer barrel for defense against wildlife with these .44 magnums. I did my own testing with the same exact .44 magnum ammo and the difference in my 629 with 2.5" barrel and my 629 with the 8-3/8" barrel was only a 40 fps difference. That's not near enough to make or break anything when at least for me the smaller 2.5" is easier to carry, handle and shoot. This 329 you have to me would be the ideal backpacking gun. If I had the funds I would buy it in a second.
How was the accuracy difference

How was the accuracy difference
No noticeable difference I could see from a rest, out to 50 yards( furthest I benched them). Off hand I actually shoot the 2.5" better because of how it balances in my hand, the 8-3/8" is to forward heavy to me, plus in practice drawing from the holster scenarios that long barrel takes a lot longer to clear the leather. I use my 2.5" for hunting out to about 30-40 yards and carrying in the woods, I bought the 8-3/8" on the perceived notions but honestly it doesn't get out much, the shorter one is usually what I take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom