Item Relisted! FS Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec

Mark IV

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-springfield-armory-1911-a1-mil-spec.1773916/
Item Name: FS Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec

Zip Code: 31909

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $600

Caliber: .45acp

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hey guys, I'm letting go of another old favorite toy.... to help pay for a new, old favorite toy!
This is a govt-sized Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-spec, in all stainlesss steel. It has the desirable NM serial number, meaning it was made right up the road in Geneseo,Ill,USA, rather than by IMBEL down in Brazil (not there there is anything at all wrong with the IMBEL guns, it's just that some folks prefer the US-made thing, so I'm playing it up !!)
I bought the pistol virtually brand new a few years ago from an Army officer here on Benning. I lost the exact round count a few boxes back (because I stopped shooting exact 50 rd boxes at a time), but I know the round count is some where real close to 950 rounds. And, it has never glitched, even a single time, and i've run the widest variety of ammos through it that I've ever run through any pistol (including Russian and Baltic steel cased, German Geko, Czech Sellier & Belot, Italian Fiocchi and Perfecta, Phillipine Armscor, Federal aluminum-cased, some ratty old US mil-surp, some ultra-lightweight frangible rounds, several brands of hollow-points, Georgia Arms re-loads, and most of the common US-made FMJ's , like Winchester,Federal,Remington, Speer,etc. This pistol eats absolutely everything !! )
And, I have no problem with a test fire, assuming you have someplace safe and convenient to shoot (and I don't get a bad vibe from you).
This is a spectacular pistol, that's in great shape, runs 100% flawlessly, and shoots straight as an arrow.....GUARANTEED!!
I've installed a premium trigger, a Greider 3-hole long-pull trigger, but I still have the original (no other "work" was done to the trigger or action, just a simple part replacement) .
I also switched out the A1-type arched mainspring housing (the backstrap), for a traditional flat housing (and still have the original,too). I got the part from a guy on the 1911 forum, who made the opposite switch on his Springfield, and no longer needed the part, and sent it to me for free.
The pistol comes with the factory-original hardcase, and accessories, which include 2 stainelss magazines, polymer holdster and mag carrier, cleaning brush, and owners manual (I've sinced tossed the other junk paperwork that came with it), and both factory grip sets (a black polymer set, and the cocobolo wood set seen in the pic).
Also included are 3 more stainless magazines: a 7rd Wilson Combat mag, and a 8rd Chip McCormick Power-Mag, and a 8rd Novak mag, as well as another grip set, made of green/black G10 (see photo). These green/black grips looks really slick on a stainless pistol, they're the ones I've had on it the last few years.
I'm also including 220 rounds of ammo, including a couple boxes of US-made,brass cased self defense hollow points.
If you're in the market for a really sweet 1911, with extras, you're simply not going to beat this deal. Period. (so I am firm at $600)
Now the usual blah,blah......the buyer must be legal to own firearms, and be a legal Ga resident, with valid ID. As always, I'll show my Ga DL and carry permit. I'm ok with a bill of sale.....or not.
Must meet down here very close to me, in north Columbus, or SW Harris county (now, unfortunately, what that means is, that I can NOT meet you half way between here and Valdosta, Savanah, Marietta, Rome, Warner Robbins, Athens, Albany, Brunswick, Waycross, Dalton, Unadilla, Milledgeville, Jekyll Island,etc.etc. :becky:).
I think that covers it, but feel free to ask for more info.
Thanks for looking.........

Pictures:
sa-1911-1-jpg.1742618

sa-1911-2-jpg.1742619

Back
Top Bottom