• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FT Federal Automatch .22 ammo

Jetroe

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a lot of Federal Automatch. I made the rookie mistake of buying a bunch of it and as it turns out my 10/22 does not like it very much. I have been running it just fine in my single actions but it will take me a long time go through it this way. So if you have a gun that you know this runs well in, let me know if you have other .22 you want to swap for it. Feel free to let me know.

I would also trade for guns (I have a bunch of boxes) but no optics (unless it is in my favor sorry) or whatnot please

Attachments

• 22C12270-8857-4912-AD2B-BC5D625CE665.jpeg
    22C12270-8857-4912-AD2B-BC5D625CE665.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 69
Hello. First off let me say I am not a prospect for your ammo. But, I do have a question. My guess is that what you have is Sub Sonic and will not cycle a semi auto pistol. Is that your problem? At one time I had bought some CCI 715 FPS ammo and it turned all my Rugers into single shots. Since that time I have only bought HV stuff. Hence forth no more issues. Good luck in getting out of the ammo that you have issues with. Tom in Buford.

Hello. First off let me say I am not a prospect for your ammo. But, I do have a question. My guess is that what you have is Sub Sonic and will not cycle a semi auto pistol. Is that your problem? At one time I had bought some CCI 715 FPS ammo and it turned all my Rugers into single shots. Since that time I have only bought HV stuff. Hence forth no more issues. Good luck in getting out of the ammo that you have issues with. Tom in Buford.
Hey appreciate the reply. None of this is subsonic, my gun just does not like it much. No duds or whatnot, but a few FTEs that I do not normally get. I most likely will keep it and just run it from my single actions or levers. The HV stuff does seem to work well, especially Aguila

Hey appreciate the reply. None of this is subsonic, my gun just does not like it much. No duds or whatnot, but a few FTEs that I do not normally get. I most likely will keep it and just run it from my single actions or levers. The HV stuff does seem to work well, especially Aguila
Hello, One more thought on topic. A few years ago and Hillary was thought to be our next president (wrongfully) I thought if that happens "there goes our black rifles". But, prior to the election I was at an Eastman Gun Show in Marietta
And bought one while I still could. An S&W 15-22. While it is a 22LR it looks like (to the haters) like an evil "weapon of war".
Right out of the gate I had loading/cycling issues. So, off to S&W for service. Loved their asking me "you're not using Remington are you? I was as it turned out. They kindly said "don't do it". Back to the range -same problems. With CCI. Returned rifle to S&W. Extractor was replaced. End of any issues. For the next 10,000 rounds. 100% function. S&W told me they use CCI and AGUILA for all their testing and prototyping projects. My intro to AGUILA. AGUILA has been a steady part of my 22LR consumption. One more factoid for you. While AGUILA is Mexican Company their 22 ammo is made in Texas.
I did sell the rifle but still have three Ruger pistols and one S/A revolver. (I hate revolvers) Mine is a Ruger Wrangler. (Less than $200).
I have 3 9mm of which 2 are Walther and one is CZ. Two have Holosun optics.
Lastly, and possibly the most fun is my New Walther WMP. 22 Magnum. It is a hoot to shoot. HUGE muzzle flash but very little recoil. It is a large pistol. A little larger than a Glock 17.
I rambled-sorry. Have fun with yours.
Tom in Buford.

Back
Top Bottom