Glock 30s

joshcaldwell15

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
Has anyone done any research on the 30s? What is the advantage of carrying the 30s over a 30 or 30sf? It's supposed to have a 36 slide on a 30 frame? I just don't understand why this would make any difference in concealed carry or function.

I've carried a 30 and now a 30SF...I can't really even tell the difference between those two, I suspect you won't be able to tell much difference between those and the new Glock 30s.

The 36 is a completely different gun than the 30. The 30's slide will fit but the frame difference is night and day. The 30's fame is thick where the 36's frame is thin, almost 1911 thin. The grip angle is different also. The 36 is the only Glock that doesn't bite my high ride grip. I've owned and carried both EDC for extended periods of time and personally, I prefer the 36 for EDC carry because it's thin and light. But the 30 is an incredible handgun, holds a few more rounds and uses mags from the 21. The 36 is relegated to only the 36 mags. Can't go wrong with either one. Just choose the one you'll be comfortable with and actually carry or it's a waste.

It's up to the hand holding the grip, but I like the regular G21 and my G30. They are definitley thick grips compared to some other guns.

So, the 30S is as slim as a G36 with the capacity of a G30...right?

As far as the slide goes, yes that's what I understand. Now the grip will remain consistent with with the G30 because it's a double stack not a single stack like the G36.

Never really considered a 36. The difference between it and 30 just doesn't justify giving up the extra rounds.

I doubt the S will cause me to steer away from the SF that I prefer.

Back
Top Bottom