• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good (low cost) entry level crossbow and compound bow

As far as a good, inexpensive compound, look for a pre-2011 Diamond. I say pre-2011 because in 2011 they added a "Throttle Cam" that added some speed but made the draw cycle a lot worse. Should be able to find a decent used Diamond Iceman or Black Ice for around $250 or less. Diamond is basically BowTech's less expensive line, but the pre-2011 models were pretty nice and they were pleasant to shoot.

Also, you can find some pretty good deals in the classifieds section of ArcheryTalk's forum.

As far as a good, inexpensive compound, look for a pre-2011 Diamond. I say pre-2011 because in 2011 they added a "Throttle Cam" that added some speed but made the draw cycle a lot worse. Should be able to find a decent used Diamond Iceman or Black Ice for around $250 or less. Diamond is basically BowTech's less expensive line, but the pre-2011 models were pretty nice and they were pleasant to shoot.

Also, you can find some pretty good deals in the classifieds section of ArcheryTalk's forum.
I would say Diamond for sure. I still have my Iceman, and it still shoots like a charm.

Search Martin bows in Ebay. I think its k&m archery. Great bows on a great budget. I shoot a martin silencer for $285 and like it better then bows that cost 3 times as much.

I have a Browning that I would be willing to sale for $125.00. Its a good hunting bow with a new string, well maintained and since I got a new bow I've not shot it once. It's a no frills hunting bow, but it would be good to start with.

Search Martin bows in Ebay. I think its k&m archery. Great bows on a great budget. I shoot a martin silencer for $285 and like it better then bows that cost 3 times as much.

I still to this day miss my Martin i had in 09. traded it off for a 870 supermag back on the old site. Now im rockin that 350 destroyer :evil:.
I would look at the martins and diamond bows for sure. Get on archery talk and you will surely find one that tickels your pickel.

Back
Top Bottom