• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grandad's Shotgun

We better not see that for sale on here on ODT!!!!! Having a beautiful gun like that handed down from that far back in the family tree is awesome. They don't make them like that anymore!!!

Beautiful old gun Hand on to it. I have several of Granddads guns. Just not MY granddads. I've bought several that people had passed on to them I'm amazed at how many folks sell them.

I appreciate the kind words. I may be young, but I'm not stupid. Sentimental value makes me as emotional as a step mother watching Lifetime. I don't plan on getting rid of this until I have a son that's ready to take it into his possession.

The choke looks like what was called a Cutts Compensator.Hold on to your heirloom young man.Pass it to your boy

The choke looks like what was called a Cutts Compensator.Hold on to your heirloom young man.Pass it to your boy
It is in fact a Cutts comp. I called Remington this morning to find out a manufacturing date. Lady told me it was made in 1952, the second year 870s were produced. It makes it thrice as old as me.

Back
Top Bottom