Gunsmith near Vidalia GA

egscott82

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
97   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a gunsmith to glass bed a rifle for me. The only one that I know is Mccords and he said it would be after the first of the year. Any Recommendations in a 50 to 60 miles of Vidalia or Mt. Vernon area?

This may or may not be of help to you.
It's no big magic trick to bed a bolt gun. Lots of info available online and how to videos youtube. All the necessary materials you need are available if you have a decent hardware store around. Afterwords you get the pride of having done the job yourself. What kind of rifle and I'll see if I can find a couple of good links for ya.

Yeah I dont know any real gunsmiths in this area (I live in adrian). Mccords would probably charge you an arm and a leg or your left nut.(no offense) LOL. I have never actually done a bedding job but when I get the funds I will be doing a couple i imagine. Nothing is too hard as long as you have internet access.

Have you talked to Mr. Smith at Smith's Hardware in Lyons? I don't know if he does this type of work, but he does gunsmithing, he has worked on several for me.

I did talk to Mr. Smith and he said that he did not do glass beding any more. I think I will try it on one of my cheap gun first and go from there. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom