HawkTalk Center For Birds Of Prey in Canton, GA

Raptorman

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
88   0
Reaction score
OK y'all asked for a few pictures. I have thousands, so I will pick a few and post as y'all ask questions.

The center is located between Holly Springs and Canton, just North of Woodstock on East Cherokee.

Monteen, the director has run it since she started it in 1988. I just so happen to live extremely near and love birds.

She gets in injured and orphaned raptors (owls and hawks), has them treated and she will rehab them for release. We get in orphaned babies by the gross to feed and raise.

The latest batch will be ready for hack training within days and will be zooming around the property soon. I need to get our observation deck replaced so donors can come and watch them.

I spend my time repairing, cleaning, climbing, carrying, fundraising and for a moment or so feeding. My reward is to get to help at programs and sometimes give a tour to donors I bring in.

We have one owl that is legal to handle and I get to do the picture programs with him as Monteen is beyond busy answering questions. I make owl feather items for sale that are legal to posess.

Anyways here are a few quick pictures.

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_DemonSeeds.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_Sammy.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_owl.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_Harris.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_screechbabies.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_GHO_1.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_Grace2.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_HawkTalk_Mars_AJfortheWeb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom