Help Me Choose One

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a trail cam. I don't hunt; but there are some wooded areas surrounding my yard. Sometimes my dogs start barking inside the house; so I know there are critters out there. I have seen deer in my back yard; but I'm just curious about what else may be there. I know nothing about trail cams; but after spending some time reading reviews on the web, I am leaning toward the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. Would appreciate comments from you guys before making a final selection. I would like to stay under $200.

I've got a few different brands. Based on what I've seen 5 mega pics or better is good clear images. And you can find them around $100 or so. Most places have the old style going out of stock this time of year and have sales on them. Making rooms for the new ones and saving you some $$$. Go with one that takes AA batteries it's a lot cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with the Bushnell. Found a 2012 model on eBay for 179.95 w/free shipping. Looking forward to posting some pics of my furry friends soon.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with the Bushnell. Found a 2012 model on eBay for 179.95 w/free shipping. Looking forward to posting some pics of my furry friends soon.

Update. Bushnell Trophy Cam Model #11-9437C arrived yesterday. My first visitor arrived within two hours after I put the camera in place. The night picture was made with the LED setting on "High". I am going to reduce the setting to "Medium" for tonight's action. The second picture was snapped by the camera as I walked toward it this morning to remove the SD card. I included it to show the quality of daylight pictures....not how handsome I am. :D

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_EK000004.jpg

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_EK000005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom