!!Help!! Winchester Model 1903

dk47

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I have a model 1903 winchester that was passed down to me by my dad. Had it for a few years, never shot it. Been told it will not shoot anything but the winchester 22 auto rimfire cartridge. Can any of the experts on this forum shed any light on that and what the value is? don't want to sell, would just like to know.Any other info is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• SANY0689.jpg
    SANY0689.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 38
  • SANY0690.jpg
    SANY0690.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 31
Whoever told you that is right. There's a few companies that produce the 22 Win Auto rounds ever so often. You can find them, just usually requires buying online. As far as value, a 100% condition Winchester usually means it's still NIB with tags, box, etc... So it's worth what ever someone will pay for it. They go for anywhere from $300-1000 on the market. Having the bluing still on the rifle still helps too.

These guys can help you alot too
www.rimfirecentral.com

I'm not going to say 100% no, but I've never seen one without the bluing...even it was rusted to hell. From the pics, I can see scratches on the receiver so it made me wonder if the bluing had been removed (like too coarse steel wool). That's the most I can help you with, the guys at rimfire are .22 gurus.

Back
Top Bottom