High Standard AR15, any reviews? who knows bout these?

Bullseye

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
222   0
Reaction score
I have recently been looking for a new AR project and came across a new comapany, High Standard. Does anyone know anything about them? It's a great looking gun with 16in stainless, A2 sight, 6pos stock, A4 flat top. Just wanna know before I just get excited bout the price and jump the gun (no pun intended) and impulse buy.

They hit the market of couple of years ago, they're basically rebranded Stags. Don't waste your time and money. For their price, you can get a much better AR.

I had one, it shot good. Painted it like a Rhodesian & traded it later. It was a solid rifle, I believe the guy I traded it too still has it. The barrels are made in the Phillipines by Armscor. I always hoped it was made on Elisco machinery as they are a COLT contractor like Diemaco in Canada. I'm sure it has some CMT manufactured components but rebranded STAG isn't correct. Stag is a good weapon as it is entirely a CMT "house" weapon. As you know, CMT along with Aero Precision & several others make many if not most of these AR-15 components for a myriad of companies.

If you do get the HS, replace the commercial tube with a 1:14 or an A1 or A2 setup. I swaped mine for a quality A2 unit.

I'm sure it has some CMT manufactured components but rebranded STAG isn't correct.

According to High Standard themselves, their AR's are almost entirely CMT components. That, combined with their assembly standards being the same with regard to the bolt and carrier components, makes them for all intents and purposes equal to Stag rifles.

Back
Top Bottom