• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Holy Smokes Batman, PSA VZ 2008 $399

I have only ever had the folder on my VZ. I don't have a problem with cheekweld or recoil. I've even used my VZ in a carbine class with no issues. I guess it's all personal preference in the end, but you should try it some first.

Also, the great thing is the buttstock is VERY easily changed on the VZ.

Thanks, couldn't imagine it being a problem but I did read it somewhere. Oh wait, it was on the internet.
I'm going in...

I have only ever had the folder on my VZ. I don't have a problem with cheekweld or recoil. I've even used my VZ in a carbine class with no issues. I guess it's all personal preference in the end, but you should try it some first.

Also, the great thing is the buttstock is VERY easily changed on the VZ.
This! my folder is parachord wrapped and comfortable to shoot,the recoil on the 58 is light compared to a 47,feels like a 45 carbine to me,just alot louder!!

I have two of these VZs, and think they are the most fun for the money of any rifle made, mainly because of purchase price and 20 cent per round ammo. I finally decided to dress one up with new furniture from Israel. The stock folder was getting a little rough on my shoulder, so I hope the new padded, shock absorbing Zahal stock will help. Plus, the new upper and lower hand guards and "pointing grip" should help with the heat from firing. If you haven't done it yet, be prepared for a serious undertaking in removing the folding stock mounting bolt. After several failed attempts with normal screwdrivers, I fashioned an extractor that popped it out in a few seconds, but it took about an hour to make the extractor. Can't wait to get the newly dressed VZ out of the house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:
I had some PMs on my VZ stock bolt extractor, so a couple of photos are attached. I started with a bolt used for a power steering line connection, referred to as a banjo style bolt. I simply ground the bolt down to make a small, flat blade, leaving a shoulder to rotate against the stock fitting. Because the bolt is hollow for the power steering fluid flow, it allowed me to make a slight cut that created the space to then drive a standard 1/4 inch drive small screwdriver bit into the opening, which effectively locked the small blade to the original bolt. I left the nut in place to help hold the fitting. Once this was fashioned, I connected a small battery powered impact driver that popped the bolt out on the first attempt. Pics below. Hope this helps someone else!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 321
Good info on the bolt extractor. Took me an hour and a trip to Lowes to get a driver with a big enough blade. Even then I still had to heat it with a torch and use a breaker bar to get it to break free. It's one tough bolt.

Back
Top Bottom