i have a question

akman47

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
176   0
Reaction score
im in the process of building a 11.5 ar pistol. but i cant find any concrete info on a question i have, im wanting to know if it is unlawful for me to put a magpul afg(angled fore grip) on this pistol. i have seen plenty of pics of ar pistols with them but do not know if it is lawful or not. i know it is unlawful to put a straight grip on any ar/ak pistol but do not know about the afg. any info would be greatful

im in the process of building a 11.5 ar pistol. but i cant find any concrete info on a question i have, im wanting to know if it is unlawful for me to put a magpul afg(angled fore grip) on this pistol. i have seen plenty of pics of ar pistols with them but do not know if it is lawful or not. i know it is unlawful to put a straight grip on any ar/ak pistol but do not know about the afg. any info would be greatful

Write BATFE they will send you your own personal letter. Many will tell you that you cannot but I called and as you stated as well as the videos I saw it is perfectly legal no stamp needed. The angled grip is the key, the agent I spoke with stressed adding a stock to a short barrel constituted a SBR and that required a stamp.

"From: Griffith, Earl L.
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 8:09 AM
To: Stricklin, Jason S.
Subject: RE: AFG on AK pistol

It is not considered a vertical grip as referred to in the AOW defined and therefore would not need to be registered under the NFA if in fact the picture of the AK is truly a pistol and the AGF is the item he will attach to the pistol."

Back
Top Bottom