• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need a painter and a deck repair guy....

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
I'm in the Canton area. If you don't have great references don't bother.
I need repairs done from were the POS I had working screwed up.

Is there a thread for the screw-ups? You could call him out and likely not get a point as long as he isn't a friend or family member of a mod here. Just to help others avoid him.

Good luck in your search. I've been doing my own repairs and painting. It's not easy work.

Is there a thread for the screw-ups? You could call him out and likely not get a point as long as he isn't a friend or family member of a mod here. Just to help others avoid him.

Good luck in your search. I've been doing my own repairs and painting. It's not easy work.
I would love to do it myself, but my health is not good.

I started on my deck repair last week. This is the 3rd time in 28 years I have done this, only this time, I replaced several 5/4 boards. Priming done and now painting. I hate painting. It also looks like the Rustoleum Deck Paint will need at least 3 coats to cover the 'cedar' looking paint on the wood now. Did I mention I hate painting. Primer ($43.99/gal.) and Paint ($185.52/5 gal.) had to be ordered (1 week). Primer says 450 sq. ft. I might have gotten 300 sq.ft. I hate painting.

I started on my deck repair last week. This is the 3rd time in 28 years I have done this, only this time, I replaced several 5/4 boards. Priming done and now painting. I hate painting. It also looks like the Rustoleum Deck Paint will need at least 3 coats to cover the 'cedar' looking paint on the wood now. Did I mention I hate painting. Primer ($43.99/gal.) and Paint ($185.52/5 gal.) had to be ordered (1 week). Primer says 450 sq. ft. I might have gotten 300 sq.ft. I hate painting.
Just curious but did you use pressure treated boards? If so, I am pretty sure you are supposed to wait 3 - 4 months to paint/seal them, they need time to dry out. My understanding is that if you paint them too quickly, it traps the moisture in the board and they start to rot. Not questioning your methods or anything, just sharing some experiential knowledge...

Back
Top Bottom