• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need help! VZ-58 capable gunsmith

MeGoFast

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
35   0
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I know the title says VZ-58 but I had to fool you to get your eyes on this topic. I need your help. I have a VZ-2008 that needs work and AK guys won't touch it, can't find anybody local so I thought I'd try here before I send it out of state. It was originally a Century VZ-2008 but I'm replacing the receiver with a CNC warrior model, etc. Here's what I need done. If you know of a business that can accommodate, please let me know.

-The receiver is "in the white" so it needs to be cerakoted. I figured I'd have most of the gun cerakoted, including 5 magazines.
-Install the CNC Warrior receiver
-Cut the barrel to the minimum length
-Thread the barrel in the original 14x1 RH threads (barrel isn't thick enough for 5/8x24)
-I have a thread adapter to take it from 14x1 RH to 5/8x24 and a 5/8x24 AAC muzzle device so attach both the adapter/device and pin them for 16" legal length

I realize its a Century, etc. but all the century parts will be gone as they use parts from original rifles and their own receivers to make the gun. By replacing the receiver I'm essentially having an exorcism done on the rifle even though I've never really had a problem with it.

Anyway, I need a gunsmith that can work on this in state (Georgia) or if possible one out of state that you vouch for or have experience with, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom