I think I want a p320 in 9mm

rlmblm21

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
13   0
Reaction score
....but there are so many choices. Full size, carry size, compact or sub-compact.

I will likely carry this one in my purse, so I think I have narrowed it down to full size or compact. Not sure how easy it would be to find the "carry" size, and the subcompact is not necessary since it will mainly be in my purse.

I am left handed, and I love the fact that it has an ambi slide release and an interchangeable mag release (can be moved to left hand side).

On the sig site, the "carry" model barrel is listed as "stainless insert", but all the others state "nitron". I am not sure of the difference, or if there is one.

I've seen a few of these sold here on ODT recently, almost all were sold with additional small and medium grips, and a trigger job/upgrade. Should I wait patiently for someone to get tired of theirs?

I am currently carrying an FNH FNS in 9mm, and I would swap that one out for this Sig. The compact p320 is the exact same size, shape and striker fired. They also appear to be about the same price (give or take a couple bucks). The FNS is also completely ambi, so it's great for left-handers.

Thoughts? Experiences? Am I being silly changing out for almost the exact same gun?

The P320 is a great striker gun with a very nice trigger out of the box.

Is there a reason why you want to get rid of your FNS (another great striker gun, BTW)?

The P320 is a great striker gun with a very nice trigger out of the box.

Is there a reason why you want to get rid of your FNS (another great striker gun, BTW)?
Yes, the FNS is a great gun. I loved it and have owned it for years. And it has an external safety that the 320 does not have. However, oddly, the 320 feels better in my hand (and I'm a 5'3" girl). The 320 grip is "fatter" than the FNS but it feels good. I laid my FNS directly on top of the compact 320 and they are exactly the same size and shape except the grip.

I'm not going to lie. This is kind of what I was thinking as I read your post. lol

Personally, I prefer the FNS to the P320 but I also have more trigger time on an FNS than the Sig.
What do you like more about the FNS? Compared to the compact Sig, the FNS holds 2 more (which is nice). The FNS (the one I have) is two tone, with stainless slide, where the 320 is all black. What I like about the Sig is the modular design and there are fewer internal parts, which makes me think it might be easier to clean.

The FNS was a better fit for me. I know you said the Sig fit you better but I'm a foot taller, (and probably more than 100 lbs heavier) than you. lol
I also preferred the trigger on the FN. The Sig had a bit too much creep and drag in it for my taste. Not that it was a bad trigger, just didn't really do much for me.
I'm left handed too. But after 30ish years of running right handed guns, I don't concern myself with ambi slide locks or mag releases. Except on a 1911. Gotta have an ambi on my 1911. :)

That FNS is completely ambi, and that is nice. I don't have much experience with guns, but I struggle with the slide locks on the traditional pistols. In fact, there are not many that I can actually work the slide lock on, and only a few that I can hit the slide release. The mag release doesn't cause me as much problem, but those slide controls are impossible.

I only have one 1911; a SIG RCS. I love it.

Actually the p320 trigger is amazing and the shorter type reset(not the SRT system, but its super close to it) after each pull is very crisp.
Everyone is actually boasting of how sweet that trigger pull is and it's reset, ..... fyi.
Very ergonomic design too.

You can also change out the grip frame on the 320 in less than 90 seconds. The guns are sold with the medium frame, but a small and large frame can be bought for around $50 from midway USA.

Back
Top Bottom