I want that... and have no idea why...

You won't be disappointed with either.View attachment 1048277
20170130_131347.png

Im not impressed with the TD 10/22. The more you take it down and put back together, the looser it gets and won't stay zeroed in.
Ruger TD has a pressure ring on the barrel to adjust the tension and keep the lock up tight. I do not know how other makers' take down mechanism works.

All of my firearm purchases are always impulse buys. I cruise the classifieds for nothing in particular and buy or trade for stuff I don't have to have all the time. When I got my taxes back this year, I made the first ever gun purchase of something I just had to have...No reason particularly. I just decided I wanted it and went looking specifically for that model. I checked here for deals first, didn't find any so went shopping locally. What I was looking for was an older with some honest wear Winchester 94. I would have loved to have run across a nice pre64 with a saddle ring, but the 1972 model I found for 275 bucks fits my wants nicely. My only requirements were some patina, NO REFINISHING, and no safety. It had a few moderate scratches in the wood, but I was able to pull them out with an iron leaving even the wood finish original, but honestly worn with no major ugly. There are no missing chips or cracks ..and now, not much in the way of scratches either. As usual, the receiver has some finish loss, but the barrel is pristine...obviously very well taken care of. The bore is excellent, the loading gate works as it should and it shoots straight. Mainly, I got tired of the old shotgun in the corner of my cabin look and decided to go rifle.

Back
Top Bottom