• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Issue with my late 1980's Colt M4 Sporter .223

DMas

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a late 1980's model Colt M4 Sporter Match HBAR .223.

photo 5.jpgphoto 6.jpg

It was my dad's and he recently gave it to me. It has been stored in his safe for a long time. When I first took it out I gave it a good run through, cleaned it, oiled it, all the action seems to be working well.

I am running into some feeding issues. Sometimes the bullet will not chamber correctly into the barrel and the tip of the round will hit slightly below the barrel (See below)
photo 8.jpg

It will cause the bolt carrier/bolt to dent the round like this.

photo.jpg

At first it was happening when it was close to the end of the mag, I was using some ASC stainless steel mags, and the guys at my local range suggested poly mags, so I got a poly mag and I am still having the same issues, and not just when it is close to the end of the mag. I read up on poly mags and it seems that the consensus is online that the Magpul poly mags are the best so I recently purchased a few of the gen 3 ones online. I haven't received them yet so hopefully I made a good choice.

photo 3.jpgphoto 4.JPGphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.JPG

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated!

-D

Attachments

• photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 17
Someone once told me that those old ARs that were made during the ban were very specific on when they said .223, and I know of a cousin who had a AR that would only shoot .223 for some strange reason so if you are using 5.56 I would say go back and try just using .223

Back
Top Bottom