• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ive never left negative feedback, and now I dont know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I made a trade for a glock yesterday. although communication wasn't great, the other guy showed up when we agreed and where. they gun was exactly what he said it was. a glock 19 gen4 with all the glock goodies. it was covered in pocket link/lint/junk. that was kind of normal i thought. ill just blow it off. The gun also had a cut piece of bicycle inner tube around the grip. not weird, but not my thing. trade went off without a hitch, we shook hands, everything was good. classic ODT style.

Here is the issue. When i get home i take the inner tube off. This is by far the most disgusting gun i have ever seen, or smelled, in my life! under the inner tube was what I can only guess is slimey dead skin built up all over this thing. I mean I guess there is a chance that he used tan colored baby powder to get the inner tube on, but i doubt it. I started dry heaving and washing my hands immediately.

i stripped it, put the slide in the ultrasonic, and took the frame to the kitchen sink and attacked it with a scotchbrite pad and some DAWN dish soap. That didn't clean the grip well enough to stop me from gagging..
so i put it back in the sink and get to scrubbing. long story short I have to scrub the frame in the sink 3x with about 10 minutes of total scrubbing to get it all clean. now its pristine clean, thanks to scotchbrite pads, dawn, and the ultrasonic.

so here is my question:
What do I do? I have never left negative feedback. They guy was nice, came when he said he would, and had what he said he had. I dont think he had any ill will at all. I dont want to be rude, but this was gross. IM NOT SAYING I NEED TO LEAVE A NEG. I'm asking what you would do? (other than inspect closer next time)

Last edited:
I dont necessarily want to give him a neg. I just want to know IF i should do something.
Not really, except look at guns closer next time...not much you can do about this one. At least you were able to get it clean enough to stop the gagging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom