Job Observation

crbrumbelow

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
4   0
Reaction score
In the last few years, has anyone noticed a swing in supervision styles at your job. Example; Say youve been at your job for at least 6 or so years; when you first started there was for the most part a positive atmosphere. You did your job, maybe had company picnics or some forms of "giving back" other than your income. A gradual change has taken place, no more picnics, no bonuses, no Christmas ham. Now a new style of supervision is emerging. Negative reinforcement. No more good job for making this or that goal now its "You made this goal why didnt you make that goal?" Now you get phone calls every day from big bosses wanting to know why you missed this or that by .3, yes POINT THREE percent when youre already number 1 at your position in the region and and have been since you took the new position 6 months ago. Of course I am talking about me but a friend of mine and I were talking and he as well as someone he knows is seeing this happen in their jobs also. Shifts from "youre doing great keep up the good work to getting chewed out for no reason especially when you see monthly reports showing how far ahead of your competition you are and it would take three months to even match me.

Back
Top Bottom