Knife Review- Norse Knives- Castaway Utility Multi Tool

Ahhhhh. I see now. Well I'm sure Eugene has thick skin and is not overly concerned with any criticism. But to be fair overall, he clearly stated these were a first production and had not been mass marketed yet.

So thanks for your keen eye .

Ahhhhh. I see now. Well I'm sure Eugene has thick skin and is not overly concerned with any criticism. But to be fair overall, he clearly stated these were a first production and had not been mass marketed yet.

So thanks for your keen eye .

It was not intended to be offensive at all, it just jumped out at me. Also, you said it wasn't even sharp enough out of the box. Red flags to me if I'm looking at a knife.
I'd hope he was keenly interested in criticism...I am when it comes to my work.

Nice write up Klark. I look forward to your follow-up write up after your trip. I'm not personally a fan of the gut hook but I can see the attraction for a lot of folks.
Is the strip of sand paper replaceable? It appears that it might get stripped off when using the saw once past a certain depth.
Are the thumb studs reversible for lefties?

One of my all time favorite multitools was the original SOG ToolClip. It was a very hefty and simple design. This appears to be along the same lines in terms of simplicity and functionality.

It was not intended to be offensive at all, it just jumped out at me. Also, you said it wasn't even sharp enough out of the box. Red flags to me if I'm looking at a knife.
I'd hope he was keenly interested in criticism...I am when it comes to my work.

I'm my biggest critic of that knife, however... It was a production run made in china, and I had zero control of the final product, and quality control, I even asked the guy who took the knife to have it built to ensure it would be shaving sharp, that didn't happen. I look at it like this, its kinda' like Russia's military stuff, its finish it crude, could be built a little better, but it still works as intended. I'd love to do a Castaway II, but I simply don't have the money.

EugenFJR, do you have any samples left that you'd be willing to sell? I'm on several preparedness/camping/hiking groups and I'd be happy to use, review and see if I can build up some interest. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I'm my biggest critic of that knife, however... It was a production run made in china, and I had zero control of the final product, and quality control, I even asked the guy who took the knife to have it built to ensure it would be shaving sharp, that didn't happen. I look at it like this, its kinda' like Russia's military stuff, its finish it crude, could be built a little better, but it still works as intended. I'd love to do a Castaway II, but I simply don't have the money.

I have a feeling you could sell some of those samples around here- might raise a little capital for the Castaway II. For that matter, you might be able to talk a couple of us into being parteners- or at least helping with a little financing.

Back
Top Bottom