• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Liberty Centurion 30 Gun Safe

Got a 48 gun Cannon at TSC for $699.00 Black Friday and have a Winchester 24 From TSC $449.00 also, both are Great Safes. Cannon have lifetime warranties and free replacement even if stolen. As some said better to have one than not.

Like most, my concern is more about fire than theft ... except for the professional, toting off OR breaking into a several hundred pound safe that has been secured to the walls / floor isn't something most thieves will be able to accomplish in a timely fashion (most burglary thefts are "grab and run"). Further, an alarm on the door to the room where the safe is located will add to the "panic factor" and discourage a burglar from lingering on-site long enough to tackle most safes.

Even further: you can vastly increase the fire rating of your safe by enclosing it in its own single / double laminated gypsum wall "closet" with a fire rated door. Obviously, this is best done on a slab as any wooden floor will likely collapse in a fire!

I purchased the TSC Winchester 24 gun safe a while back. It's a good starter safe and the best bang for the money imho. The two major down sides are the 30 min fire rating and it's a little small on the inside. I was able to get more than 24 total to include handguns in the safe but no way you're getting 24 long guns in it. 12 GA steel, over 500 lbs, fire rated, ten 1 and 1/4 inch locking bolts that cover all four sides.....no bad for $600.

Back
Top Bottom