• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Load data help

trapper3518

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
31   0
Reaction score
Hey can anyone give me load data for copper only projectiles? I have data for the 160 grain copper only hollow points in .45acp, but need data for 180 grain in c.o.p.
I have spoken with Hodgdon and Alliant, they have no data for the 180 grains. I can use CFE pistol, Zip, Titegroup, or HP38.

Those must cost a lot!
The bullet manufacturer should have some data for their bullets. How can you sell bullets that have no data?
I heard that Ramshot might have some data--call them.

well barnes projectiles cost about twice what a conventional modern hollow point cost, COP cost about 40 % less than barnes, so they really aren't a lot more expensive than a conventional self defense round.
As for a projectile manufacture publishing load info , well quite a few don't do that,
Like Berry, Ranier, Extreme for example.
generally it is powder companies or large multi company complexes that make powder, reloading equipment, and projectiles that do.
Load data for the COP should be near that of the barnes projectile of the same weight and caliber.
as long as the length of the projectile is the same as the length of the barnes copper projectile then the loading should be near identical.
with copper its all about the length of the projectile and how it reduces case capacity once its seated to the correct OAL.
Cooper being much lighter material than lead or a jacketed lead projectiles are considerbally longer in the same caliber/weight.
this is I one reason that copper projectiles are generally lighter for a given caliber.
hope this helps a bit!

Back
Top Bottom