• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for full time career

dctrent

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
69   0
Reaction score
Hi I am strongly considering making a career change and just wanted to see if anyone here could recommend a company that is great to work for. I have been a full time career firefighter/emt for 13 years now and have really enjoyed it but I have gotten to a point in my life where I would like to have a normal schedule. I am very hardworking and dependable. I have a clean background and driving record and no issues with taking a drug test. I am mostly interested in a Monday- Friday day job but do not mind working occasional evenings and weekends if the pay is right. Love working in a changing environment or outdoors but I am open to anything. I would like to stay within about a hour or so of Jefferson GA. If anyone could give me some suggestions or is looking for someone who will be a dedicated employee please contact me. I am the sole provider for a family of four so pay would need to be at least what I am currently making but we can discuss that privately. Thanks

I was going to suggest looking at becoming a safety trainer/officer for construction. With your EMT background you would probably well suited for work in that field. However, the stipulation that you want to work near home could be a problem

Of course you could look into general industry safety.

The courses to become an authorized OSHA Safety Trainer don't require a long investment in time and compared to other educational endeavors, it is inexpensive.

https://pe.gatech.edu/subjects/occupational-safety-health

Back
Top Bottom