m44 rehabilitation

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
i received this m44, it had a utg scope mount/rail attached, both barrel bands removed, cheap scope and plastic black stock on it
IMG_0026.JPG

removed the utg scope mount first to reveal its a 1955 romanian m44, thanks to sr armory whom had all the needed size tools to take it off for me
IMG_0024.JPG

pulled out a old type 53 stock/hand-guard with russian 91/30 butt-plate i had laying around, but the barrel tipped up too much so shimming time, i made crude shims from metal i found in a thrash bin for the rear top section
IMG_0027.JPG

stretched a rear barrel band just barely over the bayonet lug to hold the hand guard down (the front barrel band will be impossible for me till i get a better method of stretching the band without damaging it) and installed it in the stock
IMG_0025.JPG

now to add a rear m44 or 91/30 sight, refinish the stock lighter colored (post war m44 had better looking wood as they didn't see combat), get a m44 cleaning rod, and a bayonet and it'll be back to it's old glory.

anyone got an m44 bayonet, lock ring spring, etc laying around they can't use to avoid paying $40 for one?

Back
Top Bottom