M96 Mauser

georgia357

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I have a Swedish M96 Mauser and bayonet that I'm fixing to sell and was wondering if anybody could point me to a good site to find out some information on it. The sites that I've found so far seem to be pretty confusing, it seems that you have to know about the rifle to get any information off of them. Any particular thing to look for would also be a big help.
Thanks in advance,
Howard

For whatever it's worth the 7th edition of the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms gives these values for a standard M1896 rifle. Exc. $500, V.G. $400 and Good $250. Add 25% for Husqvarna built. I have one and its one of my favorite Mausers. Mine has a threaded muzzle for mounting a blank firing device and has a thread protector in place. The bayonet would probably add another $50/$75.

For whatever it's worth the 7th edition of the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms gives these values for a standard M1896 rifle. Exc. $500, V.G. $400 and Good $250. Add 25% for Husqvarna built. I have one and its one of my favorite Mausers. Mine has a threaded muzzle for mounting a blank firing device and has a thread protector in place. The bayonet would probably add another $50/$75.

Thanks, String. Mine has a threaded muzzle also and the muzzle break has to be taken off to mount the bayonet. I'm going to post some pictures of it as soon as I can.

From what I understand the muzzle break was something someone came up with later and not original to the gun. The threaded barrel was for mounting a blank firing device. Their blanks used a wooden plug in the case mouth and the bfd was there to shred the plug rendering it harmless. And your welcome.
120px-Lösskjutningsanordning_gevär_m-96B_m-38B_m-41B_-_Armémuseum.jpg
blankfiredev900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom