• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mossberg 835 FTE?

1EDsson

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Got a good deal on this shotgun, but when I finally got a chance to shoot it, it usually doesn't eject the spent shell. Googling yielded little results other than cleaning it thoroughly. I did completely disassemble it, cleaned it and bought some brand new shiny hi brass shells. It did only slightly better, got 3 shells in a row to fire, but then it was continuously jamming again. Any ideas? I may have to take it to Hicaliber or BWG's gunsmith? Any opinions on which one?
Thanks,

I have to pry the spent shells out of the barrel. When I pump it, it spits out live shells, usually. Also, when you try to cycle the last shell, it stays in the receiver most times.

could be a couple of things

the extractor

or possibly a rough( formerly rusted)chamber

poslishing the chamber with 0000 steel wool wrapped around a brass brush with a drill may help the chamber if the extracter looks ok

try low brass shells in it just for fun

Does the wool work with new guns as well? My CZ912 has a bad habit of ripping the brass OUT of the shell when cycling. Not trying to hijack your thread. Granted a cleaning would solve this issue, i think a shotgun should be able to go 200+ rounds without a cleaning. My buddies 835 didnt like 2 3/4 either. half the time it wouldnt even shoot them until the 2nd or 3rd try.

nothing wrong with using 0000 steel wool on a new pistol chamber. I would not use anything that polishes to a mirror finish though

Back
Top Bottom