My Kahr won't run or do I need reamed?

Kahr is indeed generally good on service. Mine seem to function pretty well but I will be checkin mine out to see if this work would help them function better.

One issue some have is that in your pocket or in a mag pouch the magazines will sometimes shed rounds. No one that I am aware of has totally diagnosed the issue but generally it is thought to be the follower. Some mods to them have been posted online.

Kahr has a couple features that can cause problems if the fitting is just a tad off. Kahr will generally fix it pretty quick. The extractor serves as a chambered round indicator for one thing and that may have influenced the design and therefore spring pressure.

Try to drop the slide with the slide stop on an empty mag. This is a design feature to tell you that you are trying to load from an empty mag. It can work awesomely in a bad situation but if you do not know this I have seen firearms damaged where people tried to force it.

The magazines are know to split on the back on occasion. It has something to do with something called work hardening. Apparently the supplier/Kahr isn't willing to change design slightly or retemper after bending to shape.

Yeah the magazines do tend to shed rounds when stuffed in a back pocket but my 1911 did the same. So I carry a clip on single magazine carrier on the belt to prevent chasing a loose round or even two in the pocket.

Yep they is a beach to drop slide on an empty chamber but only to be aware of. I doubt if the extractor also functioning as a chamber indicator has anything to do with its tension on the cartridge but I have been wrong before and expect to in the future as well.

As luck would have it I have had no magazine failures but yes I read that was an issue with some folks. I have not shot a bunch of ammo (thousands) through mine as they are light weight carry guns but I do shoot them fairly regularly, since I do carry them. I prolly have around 1-2K on my CW9, my first Kahr pistol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom