Nead a trail cam

You will definitely want to get digital. I've used the old style "film" Moultrie cameras and really liked the quality of pictures but developing film is a pain and way more costly in the end. I hunt in Fulton and keep a camera out there. I was like you wanted something good and something that wouldn't break the bank. One reason I didn't want to spend too much was the chance someone walking through the woods might find it since I hunt on land that is between two subdivisions and would end up with a new trail cam. I've had permission to hunt this land for about 5 years now and you never know what you are gonna see hunting in urban areas! But my advise would be the Moultrie game spy d-40. It is a 4.0 mp camera with sd cards. These can be found at Wally world fairly cheap. You can also find them online. Should cost you $80-100. You can see the quality of photos it takes on my thread on here of pics from Fulton. Theses are at night, I've got some daytime ones and are better quality. The game spy d-40 also allows for small movies instead of photos when triggered. I've been happy with it . If I remeber right takes 6 C batteries. I usually leave it out for a week, check it to get @300 pictures and go another week before having to replace the batteries. The one thing it does do that I don't like which I'm sure most do is, movement of the sun and shadows sometime set it off.. But still gets the job done! Good luck!

I bought 3 of those cameras brand new last year, and all the displays went in them just before the rut. I sent them back and they gave me new ones (3 months later), and I set those in the woods. I just returned all 3 again because they either would not take pictures, or just shot black and white, or displays went on them. It is my understanding that they had a bad batch of them, but apparently they did not fix the problem before they sent me new ones. I have had enough and I just ordered the Bushnell camera that is about the size of your palm. The guys in the gun shop use them and love em... Hope this helps. Zack

I just bought a cam trakker from watkinsville and it works great. This is the 3 rd one I have bought from them. The first is the 35 mm, it has been recondictoned to make sure it worked properly before I sold it, but I have never tried to sell so I guess it is out dated. I will take $100 for it, and it cost me $525 new. Best camera you can buy but outdated now. I bought my new one last week as I called them to repair my other digital, as my wife left it on the seat and I drove off and ran over it. They did not have any more cameras, so I bought a new one for $365. Then they called the next day and found another camera for the other one. So I might have one for sale, it cost me $435 new, will take $250, camera works great, They are the best you can buy on the market.

Back
Top Bottom