Need auto mechanic advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the trans cooler "went out" you'd likely have a puddle of fluid to show for it. Sounds like one of three possibilities:

1. Service advisor wrote it up as "transmission overheats when towing"

2. There's a service bulletin on the coolers

3. Transmissions/converters typically require approval from corporate for warranty replacement. This may be part of that process.

Reactions: MRM
Tell them you are gonna call GM in Detroit and have them get on someone ass for not warranting there product.

Sounds like it’s a transmission issue not a cooler. If it was cooler it would need to be leaking or clogged lines for it not to operate.
I know the 2004 to 2006 transmission sucked ass but dang a 2015 smh

The transmission cooler is a simple oil to air radiator. If not stopped up or leaking, it didn't fail. I have seen engine radiators stop up, but never a transmission cooler causing transmission damage. There may be chunks of failed transmission in your cooler that stopped it up AFTER the transmission failed.

Reactions: BNB
If the trans cooler "went out" you'd likely have a puddle of fluid to show for it. Sounds like one of three possibilities:

1. Service advisor wrote it up as "transmission overheats when towing"

2. There's a service bulletin on the coolers

3. Transmissions/converters typically require approval from corporate for warranty replacement. This may be part of that process.

This.

I'm wondering how the cooler "went out" without a loss of fluid.

Exactly the same thing as saying "your radiator went out" without a loss of fluid.

TC is cooked. I'd make them replace it.

Play the game. Pay for the tc replacement. When it doesn’t fix it then they are going to replace or fix the next thing.
If the next thing is the torque converter, then you can ask (at the dealer or in court) for them to pay for the tc replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom