Need computer advice

Discollector

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
13   0
Reaction score
Okay, here is the deal. I'm in need of a job. So, I get a new computer a couple of months ago and activate Open Office. Then, for the last few weeks, I've been trying to find a job.

The problem is that I create resumes in PDF (which is what places like Monsterboard specify.) When I go to the Browse feature and select my PDF files, for some reason they are incompatible with boards like Monsterboard, Indeed, etc. and their prompts tell me they only accept resumes in PDF format. I put the resumes in PDF, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Can this be fixed? Can I do it or would I have to get someone who knows Open Office to do it? Anyone here with the requisite experience?

Did Swab get you fixed up?
Sounds like more of a browser issue.
IE10 Edge (on new PC's) can be a booger on attachments.

Did Swab get you fixed up?
Sounds like more of a browser issue.
IE10 Edge (on new PC's) can be a booger on attachments.
I never heard back. But you're correct. Try another browser. I really just want to make sure that what the OP is saving is really a PDF file. I don't use Open Office but don't think you can just create a PDF file with it without jumping through some hoops.

Open Office was decent in it's day, but that is my experience, save it first and then convert it to a pdf OP.
...Or Swab will come to your house and give your computer a virus :becky:

I'm going to try and get someone else to see if they can send out a PDF file. I'm using Firefox, but so far the options I get aren't allowing me to choose a PDF file.

Back
Top Bottom