Need help identifying this wagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Thornhill to me. Got a pic of the running gear and 5 wheel ??? I have one wagon and some old carriages. What is he asking for it ????

Update on this wagon. I've added a few more pictures that I hope will help. I have researched as about as much as I can and have come to believe this wagon was built by Thorhill as Fisher7 said before. I also found these wagons are not cheap at all, even broken down wagons can bring thousands of dollars! My friend has ask me to list it for $3000 obo, I think that's too low just from what I've read. So pm me and I'll put you in touch with him if you're interested. Thank's
image (2).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (5).jpegimage (6).jpegimage.jpg

About four years ago at the south east carriage auction there was a thornhill one horse wagon that came from south georgia that had never been sold. Just like new. Think it sold for 7000. and change. Your friend might want to take his wagon to the sale this november. I think it could go between 1500 - 3000. It all depends who wants a wagon.

About four years ago at the south east carriage auction there was a thornhill one horse wagon that came from south georgia that had never been sold. Just like new. Think it sold for 7000. and change. Your friend might want to take his wagon to the sale this november. I think it could go between 1500 - 3000. It all depends who wants a wagon.

I emailed Hanson Wheel and Wagon Shop in Letcher, SD a few day's ago and finally heard back from them this morning. I sent photos to them and ask if they could could help me with the make and model, below is what I got back today. The photo at the bottom is what I got at the link they provided about the one horse Studebaker wagon. So I'm more confused now than before......and it's not even my dang wagon! :confused:

Hello Jeff,
Thank you for contacting Hansen Wheel & Wagon Shop! We appreciate your interest in learning more about your historic vehicle and components.
The industry of horse drawn vehicles encompasses a long time span, quantified by an even larger number of makers. Therefore, researching these makers is a laborious task and the cost of research often exceeds the gains in information, unless it is rare, valuable artifact.
We do offer consulting services and would happy to work with you if you feel your vehicle deems necessary. Prices start around $295 for research consulting. Such services may include historic vehicle authentication, brand identification, and evaluation and appraisals. Our appraisal services cost $195 for a single vehicle.
Other great resources for vehicle information include the HWWS Resources, Stagecoach and Freight Wagon Association, the Carriage Association of America, or Carriage Museum of America
Helpful information in doing your own research:
Makers names were commonly on a metal tag at the rear of a buggy. Formal carriages may have been marked with a name on the top of a spindle, whereas wagons may only have been marked with a decal or stenciling on the rear axle.
Other markings such as serial numbers stamped into the vehicle and casting numbers are good to note but do not reveal much about the vehicle.

It does appear just from a quick glance that you have something similar to a one-horse wagon. We do have one listed on our website at: http://www.hansenwheel.com/store/wa...vending-carts/studebaker-one-horse-wagon.html

Thanks!

Leah Murray,
Sales & Project Management

wagon copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom