Need info on a Remington 700 22-250

whitelightnin22

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Hard Workin’ Honky
139   0
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys i just picked up a Beautiful Remington 700 BDL 22-250 with the 24" varmint bull barrel!! Its an early model with the press checkering in the stock. Id love to find out when this beaut was made but i can't find any info on the internet. There is no prefix before the serial. Number starts with 6211***. There is a U, B, S and 13 on one side. On the other side it has an upside down heart, R.E.P. In an oval. also what looks like a vertical line with a sideways H off the side. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The bolt opens on fire or safety if that helps any. Has something installed on the barrel, i was told for adding a long tube Unertl sniper scope. Also i don't believe the trigger is factory/period correct. It is silver colored while all the other metal is blued. Let me know what you think guys. Thanks!

I drug out my early eighties 700 BDL 30-06 and has similar markings but the serial starts with 667. If I had to make an educated guess I would have to say you have a mid to late 70's to early 80's model firearm. I would hang on to that one tiill they stick in the ground. Even though cars and other products took a dive in quality the guns did not. My 30-36 shoots very tight groups without any work. It's still as beautiful as the day it was bought off the shelf. I would love to get a hold of the same gun in .243. They just don't make em like they use to. Now don't hold me to that time period but since my barrel has similar marking on both sides, that's the time frame I would put it in.

That was my guess as well 70's to 80's. Oh ya she's a gem for sure. She won't be leaving my possession ever. Id love to have one identical in a 25-06. you are absolutely right. They sure don't make em like they used to. Id take an older 700 over a new walmart special anyday! Thanks for the info friend.

Remington doesn't use the serial number to date the rifle. It's the code on the left side of the barrel near the receiver. Your foto number 2 I think. Do a search on "Remington Dates of Manufacture.

Back
Top Bottom