New AR and break in?

Shoot it. I run a bore snake through the barrel after shooting(various number of rounds at a time) before putting it in the safe and only clean the action when it gets really dirty. And I mean really really dirty!

Thanks for all of your input guys, its been a long time since I had a rifle so I need to upgrade my cleaning supplies. I think that I shall "waste" several hundred rounds this weekend and I will report back on how she did. I am not all about accuracy, since this is just a toy and I am not going to hunt with it.I just didn't want to believe I was going to have to clean this after every shot for the first 25 like the manual said,lol. Thanks again!

There is no way in heck I would clean it after every shot for the first 25 shots...that is just ridiculous! Have fun with it. That's what it is for :)

Ok just got back from burnin' 100 rounds through this without a hiccup. I did break it down and lube it before I took it out (I rarely even do that) and I can't wipe this smile off my face.:) Easily zeroed her in and actually I was pretty impressed at the accuracy with what I had to work with (50 dollar pentax dot). I am probably going to put a 2x7 Leupold on it eventually. Much fun to be had with these guns, I had forgotten how fun they were to shoot. Now I am going to run the bore-snake through it and relax with a couple of adult beverages.:D

Ok just got back from burnin' 100 rounds through this without a hiccup. I did break it down and lube it before I took it out (I rarely even do that) and I can't wipe this smile off my face.:) Easily zeroed her in and actually I was pretty impressed at the accuracy with what I had to work with (50 dollar pentax dot). I am probably going to put a 2x7 Leupold on it eventually. Much fun to be had with these guns, I had forgotten how fun they were to shoot. Now I am going to run the bore-snake through it and relax with a couple of adult beverages.:D

Sounds like a darn nice way to enjoy the day sir.

Back
Top Bottom