• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New stamp found on my Sistema Colt?

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
I was acting on a suggestion today and "lightly polishing" my Sistema and while it was shiny/oily I found a stamp on the slide that I hadn't ever seen before...Any of you Colt guru's know what it might be?
IMAG1332.jpg
IMAG1333.jpg

Some kind of double outlined oval with words in it...Gonna try the old pencil/paper trick to see if I can read them...

Oh you're ****tin me? Naw...This is an Argentina build Sistema Colt...Surely they wouldn't have marked it like that? I can see where your train of thought is though...DAYUM....

Oh you're ****tin me? Naw...This is an Argentina build Sistema Colt...Surely they wouldn't have marked it like that? I can see where your train of thought is though...DAYUM....

Now I'm curious. I'll have to take a look at mine in the daylight tomorrow and see if I can find something similar on it. I hope so...that will just be one more reason to love it. The Argentine Sistema Colt is one of the best kept secrets in the 1911 world as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I absolutely love mine! I bet if it could talk it would have some awesome stories to tell... The paper/pencil thing revealed nothing. Would love to know what it might be...

[Broken External Image]:

well this doesnt help much but its the only other i could find with similar mark, seems alot of these where worn of or refinished and removed. Yours looks like an RA inspector stamp inside another oval/circle but hard to tell.

Anyone else? I just put on a nice set of pewter grips my wife bought me, but I think I like it better with the stock wood. Please note that this is a ressurected long dead thread!

Back
Top Bottom