New to archery...looking for advise on broadheads

I shoot a G5 montec 100 grain. Its sharp to the point and is a solid machined broadhead and does an excelent job. But remember the best broadhead in the world is only good if it's shot in the right place. I have a young friend who recently shot his first deer we were lucky to find it he shot the deer high and back. The amount of blood we found wouldn't have filled a eye dropper. So choose your shot carefully and practice practice.
i shot a deer last year with 2 blade rage that went in just in front of the hind quarter and came out its anus. deer bled out dead in 40 yards.

The kid also shoots a rage and he hit bone on the other side and there was no exit. To make matters worse some intestine pushed out the hole. We hunt the swamp and found the deer by following trails.

The kid also shoots a rage and he hit bone on the other side and there was no exit. To make matters worse some intestine pushed out the hole. We hunt the swamp and found the deer by following trails.

ive slung rage heads through the spine and out the other side. must have been a slow bow.

Shot a buck at about 60ft from 20ft up a tree with a clean pass through both lungs. I used a Muzzy 100gr. The deer ran diagonally across a powerline and piled up 10ft into the brush. It was near dark when I climbed down to trail him. There were only 2 drops of blood about the size of the end of your pinky finger across the powerline. Once inside the brush there was blood everywhere and very easy to follow to the deer. He ran about 150yds total. I can't help but think if it had been dark and all I saw was those 2 small drops I would have lost that deer. I expected more blood than 2 small drops and think I need a broadhead that provides a better blood trail on exit.

I've used both traditional (fixed blade) and mechanical broadheads. Like both styles. I tend to use mechanical broadheads more often. Not sure why. Whichever you choose, make sure you shoot a few. The point of impact may change when transitioning from field points to broadheads. Less so with the mechanicals but they are not immune to the problem.

I shoot a G5 montec 100 grain. Its sharp to the point and is a solid machined broadhead and does an excelent job. But remember the best broadhead in the world is only good if it's shot in the right place. I have a young friend who recently shot his first deer we were lucky to find it he shot the deer high and back. The amount of blood we found wouldn't have filled a eye dropper. So choose your shot carefully and practice practice.

:rockon:G5 montecs are unbelievable. Ive shot lots of broadheads, Muzzy and innerloc are the exact same in my opinion. Muzzys and Innerloc's are great shooting broadheads. Fly well, push through... Mechanicals both slip blade like the rage and the standard like spitfire. Both fly well but I have lost a couple deer with them from them penetrating all the way like if the back side leg was back and stopped it.... watched them run with an arrow half way in. The G5's have the fixed blade and made all in one peice. Bottom line they are hardcore. Especially if you are new to shooting, missing is a part of shooting When you miss with a g5 all you have to do is re sharpen it. Miss with a muzzy/innerloc or mechanical, you need new blades. Not to mention, getting a mechanical broadhead out of a target isnt happening. Being confident in the stand starts with being confident on the target. In my opinion, you definately want to practice with the tips your going to shoot a animal with. Some feild points and broadheads may shoot the same but its not a guarantee... practice with your hunting tips. Set aside 3-4 arrows set up same weight, length, fletching and sharp new broadheads as your practicing with and youll be good to hit the woods

Back
Top Bottom