Nigerian phishing on ODT

I just got this private message....looks like phishing to me. I have never contacted this guy before.....

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a new one I had never gotten before. I got a call from a Nigerian scammer yesterday afternoon named Clarence Brown from a DC number, 202-210-0054. I had never heard this one before. He said he was from the US Grant Department working with the US Treasury Department. I could barely understand him because his English was so terrible. He said I was 1 of 1500 [lucky] Americans selected to receive a no strings attached $9,000 grant! You can imagine my excitement, right? He had to "verify" me first then would transfer me over to the US Treasury Department to receive my money. How would he verify me you ask? I had to give him my bank account number or credit card number! Seems totally legit to me. I was driving home with nothing better to do so I decided to try and keep them on the phone as long as possible to waste their time. I asked to speak to his supervisor. Surprisingly enough he said okay. I got a nice gentleman named "Marcus Jonathan" haha. You would think they would at least try and pick a name that sounded real. Well after wasting about 10 minutes of their time and arguing about the legitimacy of this call, they got pissed off and hung up on me. It was 10 minutes well worth my time on a boring drive home!

Back
Top Bottom