Non-Refurb 91/30

boxer90

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
Saw one of these today. 1942 round receiver, looks ordinary at first sight but stock and metal look as if they've never been refinished. Rifle condition is very rough. Front sight blade is also missing. Has a sling with it. Going to cost me $120+tax if I buy it.

Just wondering if anyone has information on non-refurbs, what to look for, etc.

42 is a common year , Not many people are paying a premium for non refurbs . For $120 it is a buy as long as the barrel is decent.

Er... Even here on ODT you can get good condition shooters for $150. That one is a sub hun'red dolla' "project" gun.

Numbers matching helps, look down the bore and check for pitting, for $120 you are not really going to find anything else. It's a good price in my mind and ask if they have a bayonet for you

i never did understand how mosins do not come with bayonets, there are more mosin bayonets then complete mosins

if numbers match(bolt and receiver match), it's not a rusty boat anchor, and the rifling still looks good then it sounds like a easy fix

I had a chance to look at it again and passed on it for the time being. Observed too much internal pitting for it to be worth my time, plus the missing parts like the front sight.

Back
Top Bottom