Noob suppressor question

VanillaGuerrilla

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
Wanted to get some educated opinions about rimfire options. I want to start with a .22 for a variety of reasons. Should I get one with a factory threaded barrel? Or should I get a rifle with a bull barrel and have it threaded? Thanks for any advice guys!

Both work do not limit yourself to factory guns . Here is an example I have both a factory and shop threaded 10-22 . The factory threads are too long and go too deep into most suppressors . On the other hand I have a Romanian m-69 training rifle threaded and shortened , It is great and not offered with threads . Some guns are harder to thread than other a Buckmark is easier due to the barrel being easy to remove it also tends to stay cleaner than a Ruger Mark 2 or 3 which is a bigger pain to have threaded . although Ruger was offering the 22-45 threaded I think , and may still . Plus you can buy a threaded pac-lite barrel for a Buckmark and install it yourself.

I have tons of 22 hosts and companies like tornado tech can even thread non traditional hosts, they just finished my beretta 21a.

I have a Sig mosquito, savage fv-sr, cmmg 22lr AR upper, and beretta 21a, looking for the m&p22 pistol as it is pretty much a p22 but with a slide that won't blow up in your face faster than Peter North.

I really recommend the cmmg upper 100% reliable with anything even Remington subsonics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom