• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NRA response

mgfguevara

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
This thread isn't about what they said in response to the shooting but more or less what they are doing to protect their members and gun owner from the soon to come ban?

What did they do with the initial ban? Did they help or prevent anything in anyway?

I was not around for the first and would like to maybe be educated on their actions

They arent invited to the discussions led by Joe Biden. They will continue to lobby on our behalf, but you need to call, write, email your political representatives. We cant depend on them, make your views heard.

After a school shooting (5 children dead), the NRA fought the ban of 1994 but with a majority the Democratic ruled house voted party line and a few turn coat Republicans the ban passed with some restrictions like a sunset clause (if would expire unless renewed). The Democrats from pro-gun states warned the leadership that their voting base would not be pleased and despite their heeds they stuck to the party's voting decision and the rest is history as the long held Democratic ruled Congress lost it to the Republicans who have held it since.

To be honest I thought it was just saber rattling and nothing would come from it, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention and thought "it wouldn't pass" as it was a stupid bill. I learned never under estimate the well intentioned ignorant leadership. That single act took me from a casual observer to a more pro-active role as citizen's responsibility.

There are many that thought as I did and are underestimating the ignorance and plain blatant lies being circulated by the rabid anti-gun groups. One really can't blame them when Senator (Californian) Feinstein post on her web site "study shows the Assault Ban Worked" but the official study reported they could not determine its effect and the numbers were too small to make any such claim. It's these lies that these morons keep repeating that over time the naive and ignorant believe and parrot.

In my opinion the most vocal of the groups MAIG, Brady, VPC, and Feinstein etc. are a bunch of do-gooders with a serious gun-phobia and will distort, twist, create biased data or just plain lie to support their agenda. As a whole they have no integrity or honor and they are embarrassments to our great nation as well as a threat to our security.

The NRA is the largest and oldest pro-gun supporter and a clear threat to the folks above. They would love to destroy the NRA as it will grease the bills they will relentlessly force upon us. They constantly marginalize the NRA, name call, lie and their goal will be to split the group to weaken it. Gun nut and honest hunter has been the tactic in the past and it worked so well they keep coming back to it.

If you are the least bit concerned with pro-gun rights on the federal level then you should join. They are a strong voice on the hill and monitor issues as it pertains to the Second Amendment.

In our state there are several political groups and I recommend them if you value your state gun rights and join them as well. I don't have the links right now but someone will hopefully post them for you and others.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response guys, I have emailed everyone within reason, I am a member of the NRA and so is my wife.

If you find them later, shoot me info on the political groups you mentioned earlier.

Back
Top Bottom