Oh my.......This thing scares me.

Actually the general consensus is that they are arrows. A true Bolt is a whole different animal used on the old style crossbows.
But let's not start an argument akin to to the "clip" vs "magazine" rants.:doh:

And back to the original "this scares me" statement, the thing that scares me is someone getting their thumb or fingers in the patch of the string when it fires... That scares me more than a limb cracking.
@captdave77 made that mistake with his hoyt crossbow. He was hurting but luckily no loss of appendage. Don't drink and play with firearms or crossbows.

My uncle actually accomplished this within the first week of sighting in. When he told me about it I remember lmao. I couldn't imagine someone shooting themselves with a bow and arrow but I guess it's pretty common:noidea:

Ouch! Tremendous amount of force being applied to those projectiles. Always carefully check the surface before each shot and Never shoot one that has any visible damage. Not worth the risk.
I worry a lot more about the carbon arrows than I did with the aluminum ones. Especially with a traditional bow where most of the arrow is behind your hand when you start. If one shatters at release you are in for a potential disaster.

Well I got it sighted in. Now I just have to figure out how to put my tree stand together. LOL. The full body harness is a PITA. There is 0 drop out to 30 yards with this thing. I doubt I will attempt a shot much past 30 but I am sure the bow can do it better than I can.

Get a buddy to gopher for you by setting up a block target at different distances while you're in your tree.
It will definitely make you a better Hunter and you won't be hitting spines while aiming for hearts.

Crossbows are awesome machines especially if you become proficient with one and there's nothing like hitting exactly where you aim for instance: deer facing you from uphill, bending neck down to browse then looking up at you every five seconds knowing something isn't right but continues this until you say "Okay I'm gonna make this happen."
Then when the deer bends down again you aim for the base of the neck and its lights out as it penetrates the spine and exits through the boiler room.

Back
Top Bottom